Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Product Management at Glossier brings together data and insights from our unique community and direct-to-consumer business model to build truly differentiated digital experiences for the beauty company of the future. In this role, you'll be working with partners from across the business to build a brand-new experience for Glossier customers that is a critical part of our five-year vision.
PMs at Glossier are ultimately responsible for driving impact for customers and our business by:
- Leading the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative digital products that enable customers to interact with others the Glossier community and purchase Glossier products
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners across Glossier in engineering, design, data, research, marketing, operations, and product development
- Creating and articulating a compelling vision, strategy, and roadmap; getting alignment from cross-functional team members and executives for their vision
- Defining product metrics, objectives, and key results to guide, prioritize, and measure the success of the product strategy
- Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
Six Month Expectations
- Build out the short-term and long-term strategies for an important new area of strategic growth for Glossier, socializing your vision with senior leaders across Glossier.
- Work with partners from across the business (e.g., engineering, design, marketing, brand, operational teams, data, finance, legal, and more) to plan and execute the launch of a lightweight experiment or proof of concept to get early customer feedback about this vision.
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions for your roadmap.
- Define success metrics and corresponding strategies to hit these metrics.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Collect and synthesize feedback from the experiment / proof of concept, and refine the long-term vision for this product based on that feedback.
- Present your long-term strategic vision and roadmap to leaders across Glossier.
- Execute on building the next phase of this initiative, working as the product owner and collaborating with partners across the business.
- Represent and champion this initiative in a variety of cross-functional forums.
- Be a leader on the product team, mentoring other PMs and seeking opportunities to invest in the product culture at Glossier.
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, active listening and organization skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others and is able to influence without direct oversight.
- Dedication to great customer experiences, from end to end in the customer journey.
- Strategic and analytical; data and hypothesis driven. Able to see the forest through the trees.
- Strong opinions, loosely held; we are looking for a seasoned professional with an ability to change their mind based on new information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support Finance or Marketing.
- E-commerce experience
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.