Ironclad builds contracts solutions that empower legal teams to do more legal work, less paperwork.
Automation Quality Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal teams to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator, Emergence Capital, and Bond.
Contracts are the atomic unit of business - everything important that a company does involves a contract: sales, purchases, hires, everything. The process for making a contract happen isn’t that different from the software lifecycle: a cross-functional group collaborates on a technical document that essentially needs to be executable - just in a courtroom instead of a computer. Most legal teams are still stuck doing things manually, emailing versions of these documents around seeking approval and revisions with no easy way to automate workflows. Simple questions like “what is blocking this contract?” can be really difficult to answer since the information is locked in someone’s inbox.
Quality Engineering @ Ironclad
As an Automation Quality Engineer, you'll be a vital part in delivering quality and velocity through automated testing and participating in the product development process at Ironclad. With the fast-paced nature of our release cycle, our goal is to maintain product development velocity while having confidence in the quality of our code. In addition to maintaining a testing framework, you will build out test suites to increase regression testing coverage and work cross-functionally to implement quality-minded practices to the product lifecycle process.
At Ironclad, we’ve built a product that brings a two thousand year old profession into the digital age, and you’ll play a pivotal role in driving the foundation forward. We work in a highly collaborative environment, and strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture. If you’d like to join us on our mission to build the product that legal teams love, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Identify, implement, and maintain tests to help increase regression coverage for our fast-paced development lifecycle
- Maintain automation testing framework for single page application and service oriented architecture
- Advocate and work cross-functionally to implement quality-minded practices to the product lifecycle process
- Work with a talented and collaborative team, passionate about delivering a quality product to our users. You’ll be working closely with Software Engineers, Product Quality Engineers, and DevOps team members.
- Utilize a variety of tools and technologies (Selenium, Cucumber, Typescript, GraphQL, SauceLabs, Google Cloud Build, Postman) built on a modern stack (TypeScript, ReactJS, Node.js, and Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform)
What we look for:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related field) OR equivalent work experience
- Experience working as an automation test engineer, automating tests for web applications to help deliver a high quality product OR demonstrated coding proficiency
- Knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools is a plus
- A self-starter with attention to detail and a passion for learning and development
- Desire to work cross-functionally with excellent communication skills (experience in legal space not required)
- Enjoys working with and motivated by helping other engineers deliver a quality product
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Commuter benefits
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.