Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The Engagement Manager role will champion high priority projects. This role will be responsible for key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Engagement Managers will also work closely with our Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide and ensure they are set up to succeed. The fleet manager program is a global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses operating a fleet of scooters in their city.
Using operational and analytical skills, this person will work with our General Managers to complete projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic, critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high-quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Work closely with other members of the Bird team to drive the vision and execution of world class operations within your cities
- Build relationships with and provide coaching to our Fleet Managers to optimize their performance. Look around corners to ensure the long-term success of their and Bird’s businesses, as well as the success of all of our cities and customers.
- Create and present information sessions, host group calls, and have one-on-one conversations with Fleet Managers
- Reach out and interface with entrepreneurs to gauge interest in partnering with Bird
- Handle difficult personalities or topics of conversation with poise
- Measure the impact and efficiency of existing processes within Operations while identifying new ways to create value for the business. Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation.
- Actively monitor market health (ridership patterns, etc.) and report on performance for your cities
- Ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with high degree of autonomy
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with a track-record of delivering results and a “get it done” attitude. Strong ability to multitask, handle fire drills, and work in ambiguity.
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong follow-up and communication skills are keys to success here!
- High emotional intelligence, with a bias towards empathy
- Analytical skills and a bias towards using data to make decisions. With the ability to identify and analyze trends and determine next steps.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and lead by example
- Strong Excel (or any equivalent, e.g., Google Sheets) / Powerpoint skills
- Advanced Norwegian language both speaking and writing
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.