Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for passionate and energetic people with a strong customer first mindset to join this young growing team and build the success and yet having a lot of fun together.
This role will report to the Category Manager in Hong Kong and support various verticals.
As a Growth Hacker, you will execute activities or campaigns that are essential for the growth and success of the vertical and focused categories. You will:
- Be passionate and thrive to work in a startup environment;
- Plan and execute creative growth hacks to identify new customers and get them onboard to Carousell platform;
- Research on organizations and individuals to understand the nature of potential client base for our vertical and focused categories;
- Contact potential clients via email or telephone to introduce Carousell and turn them into active listers;
- Educate and nurture sellers on our visibility tools and help them to reach magic moment;
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events; and
- Any other ad-hoc tasks required by the Company from time to time.
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features (include your Carousell username in your application!)
- High self-motivation to bring positive changes to our Carousell community
- Good organization skills to multi-task, prioritize among many demands and work with minimal supervision
- Initiative and follows through on tasks, projects, and feedback
- Experience working in a customer-facing/sales environment preferred
- Fluent in Cantones, Mandarin and English (written and spoken)
- Have excellent listening, communication and presentation skills
- Have a strong ability to multitask, plan, and be organised about daily work
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally