Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark uses machine learning to solve some of the hardest problems in self-driving. With engineers training new models every day, building and maintaining powerful infrastructure and data pipelines to enable fast iteration on our machine learning models is key to Embark’s success. The goal of ML Platform is to build the best infrastructure to support the key functions of machine learning, including ground truth data collection, data curation and exploration, training and evaluation.
As a software engineer focused on our machine learning platform, you would work as part of our data engineering team to build infrastructure in direct support of machine learning, and ultimately work very closely with the teams using machine learning to define and execute on a roadmap for the platform.
- Design, build and own data pipelines for collecting and storing ground truth and sensor data
- Build databases and query engines that allow us to effectively curate the best data for training
- Design and build a platform to power training and evaluation in the cloud, working directly with our ML teams to develop workflows that maximize their productivity.
- Work with our perception teams to scale efficient perception search systems for novel data.
- Accelerate model development and training with on-prem and cloud resources.
- Integrate with ground truth vendors to provide high quality labels.
- Productize and deploy cloud scale perception data algorithms.
Experience should include:
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Strong, demonstrated abilities working with Python.
- Significant experience with cloud services such as AWS or GCP.
- Expertise in backend services written in Python and using traditional relational databases like MySQL.
- Experience curating and managing large datasets
- A good working understanding of the machine learning process, including dataset collection and curation, training and evaluation pipelines.
- Experience with open-source and/or commercial cloud ML platforms, such as Kubeflow, Metaflow, or Sagemaker.
- Experience with training and deploying models built on common machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc).
- Experience collecting and working with ground truth data.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: