Team Lead, Maps Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi-trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to build out and lead our maps team. While you will start out primarily with software engineering responsibilities, we are looking for someone who will be able to bring on more engineers and take on management responsibilities as well. You will have ownership over both technical direction and hiring and managing the team.
Maps are a core component of our autonomous driving system, essential for routing and navigation by the planning module, as well as a source of information for our perception system. As team lead you will ensure our maps are always accurate and up to date and that other engineering teams have reliable access to map data.
This is a unique opportunity to own a core component of our autonomous driving stack and grow your own team of talented engineers.
- Provide engineering leadership for projects to architect and improve our maps stack
- Get hands on as needed, including reviewing code and writing code yourself
- Define technical and product strategy for ensuring that our maps remain accurate and up-to-date, even as the world changes
- Work with stakeholders in engineering to ensure our maps meet quality requirements and that other teams can reliably query map data
- Maintain and expand relationships with map data and tool vendors
- Work with recruiting to hire talented engineers and grow the team
Experience should include:
- BS and/or advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ and Python software experience
- Experience building geographic data software and tools
- Engineering management experience with complex software systems
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: