HR Business Partner
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Working closely with Embark’s Head of People & Culture, success in this role will require the ability to lead, develop, and own key people processes related to our variety of teams in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Own, optimize and build key people processes for our Engineering and Operations team, including but not limited to onboarding/offboarding, HR policies, workforce planning and employee coaching.
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Hands on involvement in building/executing our future compensation and leveling programs.
- Strategic projects for Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer around change management, employee engagement, leadership development.
- Run point on employee relations situations (investigations, employee disputes, etc.)
- Help drive and embed diversity practices throughout all programs, processes, and behaviors.
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee life-cycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs.
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs.
- Manage and facilitate annual performance review cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year.
- Work closely with our People Operations team, ensuring processes and technology meet the needs of the Engineering and Operations team.
- 8+ years experience in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated empathy and experience driving inclusion work
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience
- Demonstrated experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment and to cultivate relationships across teams
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience helping distributed and/or matrixed organizations scale
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and strategically solve problems
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Experience in the trucking industry is a plus
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: