Sensor Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As a Sensor Test Engineer, you will be part of a sensors team that is responsible for the identification, development, evaluation and integration of sensors (Camera, Radar, Lidar and inertial sensors) for Embark’s self driving technology. You will be responsible for the test and verification of the sensors for autonomous vehicle technology. This role will require working with third party sensor vendors to deliver production quality sensors for Embark’s self driving trucks.
- Develop test plans to evaluate sensor performance in collaboration with sensor hardware and systems engineers
- Maintain test plans and execute routine and advanced tests in a lab environment and in the field
- Support the sensor team with on the road data collection and analysis
- Quantify test results and create verification reports
- Optimize and automate tests
- Maintain testing labs for sensors’ evaluation
- Troubleshoot sensor issues reported from the field
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Robotics or similar degree
- Working experience with any one of AV sensors; Camera/Lidar/Radar/Inertial sensors
- Understand working principles of any one of AV sensors; Camera/Lidar/Radar/Inertial sensors
- Experience in Python/Matlab (or other programming languages) to collect, analyze and automate tests
- Knowledge of Linux and software version control
- Experience with electronics debugging and testing is a plus
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.