Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Engineering Leader, Cloud Control Plane
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to build and grow the Fleet Management engineering team within Control Plane. Fleet Management is about managing thousands of physical and logical assets such as clusters and applications across our multicloud offering by building a cloud scale infrastructure to effectively query, run operations such as deploying and upgrading across set of assets, and providing notification integration to ease operational burden. You are going to play a central role in defining the evolution of the product and drive the execution.
The Control Plane team is one of the leading innovation groups at Confluent. Building a set of distributed applications to support life cycle management of Confluent Platform at scale across multiple public and private cloud. This team has extensive experience with Kubernetes, scheduling, distributed databases, networking, and operations to build a set of distributed control plane solutions.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 6+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- Prior knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementation features (multi-tenancy, containerization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Experience with running large stateful data systems in the Cloud
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently; should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate; have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills; able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Experience running production services in Public Clouds
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques; focused on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.