Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Corporate Development and Strategy leads all Strategic Partnerships, Fundraising and Special Projects for Bird. We establish and negotiate business relationships which advance Bird’s mission both in the United States and global markets in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small but powerful team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts to drive explosive growth for Bird. You’ll work across the entire spectrum of business needs helping shape the partnerships and deals that give Bird the ability to navigate and dominate global markets while securing our diverse supply chain and acquiring proprietary technology.
You’ll work with cross-functional leaders and Bird’s founder-CEO to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, raise capital and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Manager - Corporate Development and Strategy is expected to build industry relationships, lead strategic projects, assist in financings (including public readiness) and execute M&A. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
- Execute M&A and strategic investment processes from end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting financial analysis, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Partner with Bird leadership and finance team to conduct analysis, craft messaging, and create deliverables for board meetings and key investor updates (e.g., MD&A)
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the mobility, tech, and finance ecosystems, including investors, large corporates, and other startups, to stay on top of industry trends and the mobility competitive landscape
- Identify opportunities to leverage the strengths of the Bird investor base to add strategic value to Bird
- Drive complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives that impact all aspects of the business and organization (e.g., pricing, growth strategy, & new form factors)
- Support fundraising processes, including leading analyses required for diligence data rooms, meeting with prospective investors, and working with legal on execution
- 6 to 8+ years of experience at top-tier companies in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting
- Experience managing and directing the work of junior team members
- Experience with the deal structuring, diligence, and execution processes, including financial modeling and analysis, engaging potential investors, and managing legal documentation (with particular emphasis on public markets)
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS degree required, master degree(s) preferred
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.