Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Robot DevOps Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: Our robots are rolling supercomputers, with high-performance audio, video, and telemetry pipelines. Help us build the infrastructure and tools to manage continuous integration, deployment, and over-the-air software updates to our fleet of remotely operated robots.
As Cobalt's first DevOps Engineer, you will pioneer new release practices and develop our system operations and monitoring tools. Your goal will be to improve the reliability and capabilities of the robot fleet and our backend servers while enabling fast and smooth development efforts in a dynamic and expanding engineering team.
What you'll do:
- Own and improve our ansible code and python code for doing safe and reliable OTA deployments to our fleet of robots, even in bad networking environments
- Own and improve our CI and testing systems
- Manage code deployments to our web servers and infrastructure
- Manage OTA code deployments to our fleet of robots
- Own and manage the linux environment on our robots, including kernel upgrades and systems debugging
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams to develop processes for testing and rapid iteration
What you need:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Professional experience with Python
- Experience with provisioning tools (Ansible / Puppet /Chef, etc)
- Experience in managing Linux operating systems
- Great communication skills - especially between multiple teams
- Experience with Ansible
- Managed or implemented a complex CI / CD pipeline
- Experience with container systems
- Experience with Unix video, audio, GPU, kernel, and/or devices
- Experience with OTA updates to AVs, IoT, mobile, or other similar devices
- Have worked in a startup environment
- Experience with robotics or ROS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.