The Wing is a network of work and community spaces designed for women.
VP of People
Job Description / Skills Required
The Wing is a growing community of professionals, artists and change agents from across the globe, who find sanctuary and productivity at our beautiful, shared workspaces, meaningful connections through our networking opportunities, career growth through our job platform and perhaps most importantly, support and camaraderie through sharing strategies and resources.
Our vision is to create a space for our members to thrive and improve their lives by helping them pursue their ambition, grow their careers and forge meaningful connections that last a lifetime-giving them the space to soar!
The Wing is looking for an energetic leader to add to our team who brings a passion for excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in all facets of our business as we expand our reach and grow.
Why The Wing?
At The Wing, we know that people are more than just their resume. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the below. If your career has taken some unconventional paths, that's okay! Your passions and skills will stand out and this is what will set you apart. Here we believe that our team members should do good work and thrive and we understand that a robust benefits package and employee perks matter. We offer the following attractive employee perks to our employees:
∙ Career development planning and advancement
∙ Inclusive and dynamic business culture
∙ Flexible work hours
∙ Autonomy to thrive and build
∙ Comprehensive benefits package
∙ And More!
- Do you truly enjoy coaching and developing teams and relish the challenge of making the most of the resources you have??
- Are you excited about the ability to relaunch a business and utilize your startup experience to create an inclusive and inspiring company culture?
- Do you communicate clearly and thrive on collaboration?
The Wing is seeking an experienced and passionate people person to lead the core People function of the business across both our Headquarters and retail spaces. This leader will proactively partner with business stakeholders and to enhance the capability of the business through talent management, workforce planning, employee relations and performance feedback and development. You will provide strategic implementation of broad HR programs and initiatives, as well as guide and support the business through organic evolution.
Your key performance objectives:
- Organizational Design: You'll develop scalable systems to advise leaders team structures, competency models, leadership development, performance measurement, succession planning, and change management.
- Culture and Engagement, including DEI: You'll partner with representatives across departments and at each level to help define and support our culture; valuing human beings meaningful contributions through the creation and implementation of systems that are grounded in our core values. You’ll create and implement organizational systems by sourcing input from key stakeholders; including process and policy improvements, leadership engagement, training, communications and engagement activities and measurement as required. Proactively champion the continued evolution of an inclusive culture in which everyone can thrive.
- Learning Development: You'll lead the creation of L&D programs that enable people to perform at their best, prepare them to grow their responsibilities, and leave people better than we found them.
- Recruiting: You'll lead the development of systems for the end-to-end recruiting process that elevates talent when needed, optimizes team structures, creates an incredible candidate experience, and balances it all with making the right hires, more often.
- Total Rewards: You'll own the development and management of equitable and inclusive compensation systems.
- Internal Communications:I You’ll develop internal communications programs that clarify and reinforce our objectives, how we’re doing, and motivates people to achieve organizational goals.
- People Operations: Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws affecting staff. Conduct annual review of benefits providers and facilitate decision-making process, working with senior leadership/finance teams as necessary. Manage payroll process.
- Employee Relations: Serve as a resource for conflict resolution and mediation related to HR issues or questions (large volume employee relations). Collaborate with legal partners for investigations, resolution.
You have proven performance in:
- Leading People/ HR Team for at least 10+ years and have been on both large and small teams (including experience hands-on in the last 5 years).
- Fostering a culture of high performance and have experience tying individual/team performance to business results.
- Exceptional competence in managing employee relations matters and workplace conflict
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Expertise in organizational design, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning.
- Deep passion for people and culture, and a strong instinct for managing and developing talent
- Data-driven leader who can connect workforce and business outcomes.
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple competing priorities.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Your career path: What do you want to do next in your career? Opportunities are endless here at The Wing. Come build with us!
Join The Wing talent community: Not ready to apply just yet? Email us at email@example.com to receive job alerts that match your interest or reach out on specific questions regarding this role
At The Wing, we welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. The Wing is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.