San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As the New Product Introduction (NPI) Build Coordinator at Embark, you will play a critical role in our ability to scale our fleet of Autonomous Trucks. You will be responsible for analyzing, planning, and coordinating schedules and materials to support our engineering development builds. A successful individual in this role is an enthusiastic problem solver, proactive communicator, team oriented, understands hardware engineering practices, and exhibits strong follow through.
- Supporting development builds with cross functional engineering program management and scheduling, both internally (ME, EE, and Operations) and at manufacturing partners.
- Creating and maintaining Bill of Materials (BOM) for various builds.
- Coordination of schedule conflicts, formulating recovery schedules, identifying impediments to successful builds (missing released drawings, supply chain issues, etc).
- Creation and maintenance of material and fixture readiness using Clear To Build (CTB) & Daily Build/Ship reporting.
- Directing, controlling and coordinating product ordering and manufacturing order releasing.
- Creating and driving processes to ensure on-time delivery of completed builds.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electro-mechanical fabrication, tools, assembly, and test operations
- Proven ability to build complex electro-mechanical systems and iterate quickly; you have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earliest stages of prototype development
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong desire to be hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard.
- Great communication skills. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews.
- Leadership mindset. You take ownership of problems and inspire the team to deliver exceptional results.
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: