Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A (Remote)
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Manager to join our Corporate FP&A team. This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for one of the fastest-growing pre-IPO companies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, aspires to bring structure to the unstructured, and enjoys collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The individual will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Proactively manage close, forecast, and planning consolidation processes, analyze financial results and communicate risks and opportunities
- Maintain and improve cadence management reporting with high precision and efficiency
- Define and refine driver-based forecast on global expenses like benefits and payroll taxes by developing a deep understanding and incorporating business changes with business partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually drive forecast accuracy, improve data quality, and establish rigor in measuring and monitoring the business
- Prepare deliverables for executive, board, and investor relations in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support operational and strategic decision making
What we're looking for
- Prior related experience with demonstrated financial and SaaS acumen; record of progressive achievement leveraging data to influence business decision making
- High aptitude for problem-solving and financial modeling
- Detail-oriented and organized, with focus on accuracy and completeness; excels in deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple tasks
- Experience with or willingness to master financial and reporting systems; prior experience with SFDC, Anaplan, and NetSuite a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with Google Workspace a plus
- Team player with ability to thrive amidst change and ambiguity in fast-growing organization
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.