Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Our legal team is focused on helping Bird grow and scale while safeguarding its interests and mitigating risk with minimal effect on the business. We are looking to add an Associate Corporate Counsel, Litigation with 3-7 years of broad-based litigation experience to handle a variety of litigation and pre-litigation related responsibilities. Reporting to Bird’s VP, Employment & Litigation, this position will support many of Bird’s business teams.
- Develop litigation strategy in partnership with business units and outside counsel to drive cost-effective resolution of litigation disputes (including but not limited to employment and products liability/personal injury cases)
- Legal research and writing for matters where outside counsel is deemed unnecessary
- Regularly communicate with business teams to gather facts, coordinate and oversee discovery, including collection and production of materials
- Supervise outside litigation counsel and establish case management protocols
- Build close relationships with business and operations teams and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of Bird products and strategic objectives
- Provide additional support on regulatory disputes, insurance, and claims-related matters
- An experienced attorney with a strong litigation background, and superior drafting and research skills
- Business minded -- ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully drive Bird’s continued success and growth.
- Ability to work independently and proactively while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially negotiation and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- JD from a top tier law school and member of at least one state bar, California preferred
- At least 3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on litigation is highly preferred
- In-house experience with a technology or transportation company a strong plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.