Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Engineering Leader, Observability Product Foundation
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Cloud Manageability organization is searching for a seasoned engineering leader to build and grow our Observability Product Foundation charter. Observability products and services offer critical cloud services to help customers get intelligent insights, visibility, and opinionated product usage metrics. This platform is growing at a massive scale and is a unique combination of delightful experiences, API platforms and large scale data infrastructure.
This leader will help build streaming APIs and data access services, scale our columnar data store, and grow high functioning teams to provide a world class product foundation. Engineering leaders at Confluent play a critical role in growth of the company and ensure a balance of healthy organizations, cloud scale architecture and disciplined execution.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- Demonstrated experience in building large scale infrastructure and cloud products
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques; focused on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- A sense of urgency and aggressive mindset towards delivering business impact with solid execution principles
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.