Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for an Engineering Leader to build and lead a team of talented Security Architects. This team will be responsible for analyzing all aspects of our products for threats and vulnerabilities.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Perform architecture reviews to steer projects in the right direction early, lead security reviews, and develop security ownership of OSes, account systems, and software used at Robinhood
- Make and own security policy to balance employee productivity and desired tooling, project feasibility, risk, cost, and other tradeoffs as appropriate
- Engage in the initial requirements definition, including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with product organization to develop secure business requirements, develop the security architecture and integrate into our longer term platform strategy
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed
- 15+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing large enterprise class applications
- 7+ years of security architecture experience working with large scale systems
- Feels equally comfortable in architectural reviews, collaborating across other engineering teams, or creating policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).