23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team focused on the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of therapeutic agents. Successful candidates will have experience in cell biology and biochemical approaches to elucidate target function and drug mechanism of action
What you’ll do
- Design, validate, and implement biochemical and cell-based assays to support drug discovery in immunology therapeutic areas
- Execute in vitro and in vivo assays for target validation and new therapeutic development through activity and mechanism of action studies
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data at group meetings and other company meetings
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's (+ 4 years' related experience), Master's (+ 2 years' related experience) or PhD in biological sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of cell and biochemical assays, molecular biology and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Strong knowledge in the field of immunology including experience working with human and mouse primary immune cells through isolation, manipulation and functional analysis
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
- Proactive and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Expertise in the field of autoimmunity
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.