Ironclad builds contracts solutions that empower legal teams to do more legal work, less paperwork.
Software Engineer, Platform Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
There are a lot of great things about working here, but by far the greatest benefit is the team. We are a group of motivated, mission-driven people who love learning from each other. Our business team comprises attorneys with experience in big law, tech, and finance, and our technical team comprises designers and engineers from places like Palantir, Salesforce, and MIT. We take pride in doing great work and collaborating well with each other. We work hard, but we also like to have fun.
Cloud Site Reliability Engineer sits under the umbrella of Product and Engineering and plays a pivotal role in ensuring our developers have the tools, infrastructure, and systems to provide our customers with reliable, secure, and scalable software.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a workable knowledge of some combination of: Terraform, Kustomize, Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how a SRE / Systems Engineer facilitates these practices in collaboration with the Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals
- Ability to demonstrate a clear, energetic and excited interest in automating everything (build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes Infrastructure as Code
- Preference for collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Thorough understanding of backup/recovery systems, development automation routines, storage area networks and virtualization.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux web-based solutions
- Develop an understanding of the near, mid, and long-term needs of the business and how the work of the SRE team contributes
- Influence architectural decisions with a focus on security, scalability, and high performance
- Our team values collaboration and continuous improvement; we are looking for teammates who have a desire to learn and are excited about sharing their knowledge with others
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. MS in CS a plus.
- 2+ years of coding (Python, Golang, Shell Scripting, Rust, etc), scaling, and architecture work
- Expert knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (or similar provider)
- Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Ansible, Terraform, CircleCI or equivalent
- Experience in Airflow preferred, but not required
- Experience with multi-region support is a plus
- Experience with ELK Stack, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL is a plus
- Solid understanding of Core SRE principles
- Strong technical aptitude and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and respond to different escalations
- Fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, drive to help customers, and the ability to dive deep and learn a new product.
- Experience and desire to work cross-functionally
- Team and goal-oriented. High output; low ego
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.