Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Corporate Development and Strategy drives the strategic decision making and overall thought leadership for Bird, the micromobility industry creator and leader. We also establish and negotiate business relationships which advance Bird’s mission both in the United States and global markets in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small but powerful team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts to drive explosive growth for Bird. You’ll work across the entire spectrum of business needs helping shape the strategy, partnerships and deals that give Bird the ability to navigate global markets while securing our diverse supply chain and acquiring proprietary technology.
You’ll work with cross-functional leaders and Bird’s founder-CEO to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, support our growth strategy, and maximize the efficiency of our operations. The Senior Associate - Business Operations and Strategy is a data-driven thinker expected to autonomously lead a variety of high impact projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
- Autonomously drive complex, cross-functional strategic analyses and initiatives that impact all aspects of the business and organization (e.g., pricing, growth strategy, vehicle allocation, form factor expansion, and other investments)
- Assist the Head of Corporate Development and Strategy and Bird Leadership in the development of Bird’s strategic plan to scale operations in EMEA
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and financial metrics, prepare materials and analyses presenting key takeaways, conduct deep dive investigations to identify areas of improvement and drive action
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier company in consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development, business operations or strategy teams of high-growth start-ups / technology companies
- Experience leading cross-functional strategic initiatives at all steps of the process including preparation of analyses to form a diagnosis, engagement with critical stakeholders, and execution
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS degree required, master degree(s) preferred
- Evidence of top performance in prior role required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.