productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic backend engineer experienced in Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, or Kotlin to join our new BizOps team based in Prague.
As a member of the BizOps team, you will help increase the productivity of internal teams and improve collaboration between departments through integrations, automation, and tooling. The team is just getting started, so this is a chance to get in on the ground floor and help shape the work we do.
Our tech stack
- Our stack has Ruby on Rails, Nodejs, and Kotlin on the backend, with React.js and Typescript on the frontend – but we’re open-minded and willing to try new things
- We run Elasticsearch to power our full-text search
- Our service runs on Kubernetes on AWS
- We use Kafka to enable an event-driven microservices architecture
- Our database engine of choice is Postgres
During your work on internal tooling, you might need to work with any of the above, as well as with various third-party systems, so you’re guaranteed never to get bored. We strive to build everything with quality code that follows industry standards and best practices, with reliable pipelines that will get you on track at lightning speed.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails, Nodejs, or Kotlin.
- Experience with other parts of our tech stack or with building integrations is always a plus (React.js, AWS, Typescript)
- Your code is clean and well tested
- You own development, from discovery to production deployment
- You love to learn and improve your skills and are not afraid to jump into new challenges
- You like collaborating with other team members and always keep the end-user in mind
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English (we have an international team and are successful at keeping discussions in English)
- Experience building integrations between multiple third-party services is a big plus
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
💚 shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
📢 Productboard Toastmasters Club
🌁 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️ Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.