Conversational marketing platform.
Tampa, FL, US
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
What's it like to work at Drift?
We help companies build better pipeline faster by connecting them now with the people who want to buy now. Drift is changing the way businesses buy from businesses by building software tools that make conversational commerce accessible to anyone. We want the world to revolve around the customer, and we lead by example.
About the role
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of the Technical Support Engineer is to ensure our existing customers who need help to launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want in partnership with Drift. We are currently looking to build a team of Technical Support Engineers to help our clients design and implement an ideal set of integrations with the rest of their sales and marketing tech stack.
About what you’ll be doing on the team
In 3 months you’ll…
- Partner directly with our Drift customers, designing system integration and data flow strategies based on their Sales & Marketing tech stack.
- Work seamlessly with the Customer Support and Customer Success teams to ensure the technical needs of customers are met during onboarding in line with their goals and KPIs.
- Develop a solid understanding of your customers' marketing and sales tech stacks, including the information that flows through it to be pushed into and pulled out of Drift to drive accurate attribution.
- Partner closely with the platform development team in leveraging our API to solve customer problems.
- Work closely with the product and engineering team to influence new product features and capabilities based on customer feedback.
- Contribute to developing processes and practices for future Customer Solution Specialists.
By month 6 you’ll…
- Continue to master your knowledge of the Drift product and leverage this to figure out how to enable ongoing learnings for the team
- Own customer escalations and guide the team on how to de-escalate
- Coach and develop the customer support team on product knowledge and integrations support as you see issues escalated to Technical Support Engineers
- Provide a strong perspective on the Drift customer experience and bring it to life through feedback to the team, customer communication, and internal partnerships
- Be an active voice for the team advocating for what they need to do their jobs better
By month 12 you’ll…
- Contribute to training, on-boarding, and continued education for the Customer Advocate Team specifically in regards to the marketing and sales tech stacks and APIs
- Enable team and help them execute on projects that synthesize customer interactions and internal Drift processes to improve the customer experience
- Identify and take on initiatives for team growth (both in terms of headcount as well as individual development) and customer experience
- Manage a team that is consistently hitting and exceeding the customer experience goals you have set forth for them
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focussed on solving customer issues and helping us solve business problems. You will be a leader and a teacher, passionate about developing a group of professionals in their skillset and career.
What type of skills you’ll need:
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo and Hubspot
- You are comfortable explaining technical concepts like Application Programming Interface (API) and how to utilize it between applications
- A strong leader that values the idea of both metrics and the intangibles of the customer experience; you are both a strategic planner and can be hands on
- Passionate about technology and staying on top of ever changing industry trends
- A team player across the Company. We are building a great Company and passionate about having people committed to making the Company successful. You are very comfortable asking for help and always ready to help others
- Excited by change and can maintain order in a fast, fun and fascinating environment
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.