Sensor Software Integration Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As a Sensor Software Integration Engineer, you will be part of a sensors team that is responsible for the identification, development, evaluation, and integration of sensors (Camera, Radar, Lidar, and inertial sensors) for Embark’s self-driving technology. You will be responsible for the development and integration of sensor drivers (e.g. Camera, Radar, Lidar, and inertial sensors) on embedded and x86 based compute systems. This role will require working with third-party sensor vendors in integrating their drivers into Embark’s self-driving software stack.
- Integrate next-generation sensors in the AV software stack
- Write production sensor drivers for Unix/Linux
- Integrate time syncing and triggering (latency, reliability, determinism)
- Implement diagnostics to monitor sensor health and usage in real-time (temperature, CPU, errors, state, timing, etc)
- Sensor configuration and boot up
- Test and validate driver reliability
- Root cause sensor system failures
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Robotics or similar degree
- 3+ years of experience in developing software in C++
- Low-level Unix/Linux systems knowledge (TCP/IP, PPS/PTP, Scheduling)
- Experience writing drivers for embedded systems
- Working experience with any one of AV sensors: GPS, Lidar, Radar, Camera, IMU
- Embedded systems understanding (UART/SPI/I2C, I/O, power, etc)
- Building complex production-quality software in a Linux environment
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, shell)
- Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware
- Experience working with multithreaded code and distributed systems
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.