Senior Vehicle Integration Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
The Senior Vehicle Integration Engineer at Embark will have in-depth, hands-on knowledge of Embark self-driving trucks. You will work cross-functionally across the hardware and software teams to build and maintain our fleet of trucks, while also troubleshooting the occasional problem as they arise. Through your daily interactions with all aspects of the self-driving system, you will be the lead technical reference for the system.
- Be the subject matter expert for Embark autonomous vehicles by building a deep familiarity with all aspects of the system.
- Assisting and advising technicians on proper installation and maintenance of required mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience with fabrication and integration techniques for mechanical and electrical systems, as well as hands-on experience
- Creating, reading, and implementing schematics for wiring harnesses and circuit boards
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other engineers and design what is needed based on provided information.
- Installing hardware and software to bring test trucks into operation
- Flashing control modules with software and firmware updates
- Performing tests to validate and commission trucks for drives
- Debugging the hardware and software to maintain operation and rectify problems
- Working closely with the interfaces between the vehicle platform, actuators, vehicle software, and communication network
- Inventory management, including interfacing with vendors for procurements as well as tracking equipment movements between company vehicles
- Configuration management, including hardware and software version tracking across multiple systems/subsystems and multiple vehicles
- Documents and archives work on each test vehicle
- Records processes and procedures for repeatability
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace, or otherwise building complex hardware products
- 2+ years of experience with in-vehicle hardware validation/verification with systems such as lidar, radar, cameras, GPS, IMUs, etc.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.