Senior Hardware Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark Trucks is looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to join the team to support the bring-up and commissioning of our self-driving trucks before they are put in service for regular fleet operations. In this role, you will become intimately knowledgeable with all aspects of our system as you help to identify, define, and execute test plans to ensure full system performance and quality goals are met.
- Designing and executing tests on systems and subsystems to address reliability and robustness
- Perform functional, stress, system, and other types of testing.
- Root-cause failure analysis of components or sub-systems
- Work with manufacturing to set up in-house acceptance testing for QA and build
- Summarizing experimental findings to promote changes to design and/or process workflow
- BS degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Robotics, Math, Physics, or similar related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Test/Validation/Application Engineer role, especially for complex systems
- 1+ years of experience directly related to Autonomous Vehicles preferred
- Passion for robotics, autonomous vehicles, and/or building great test programs
- Experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Open to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.