Senior Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark Trucks is looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to help us build the best self-driving trucks possible. Working cross-functionally with Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineers, you will drive the team towards an exceptionally reliable product. You will make an impact across all aspects of the system by using your skills and experience to provide guidance at the earliest stages of development to design-in reliability best practices and techniques. You will help to define and execute testing strategies to validate our designs against our reliability metrics. You’ll have the opportunity to come up with innovative ideas to help us build better trucks and bring them to reality!
- Define and communicate reliability requirements and targets for vehicles, subsystems, and components.
- Assess system reliability by creating Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams.
- Organize DFMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
- Investigate and resolve a wide variety of hardware, software, operational, and system-level issues, both vehicle-specific and fleet-wide.
- Conduct root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system.
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain an impeccable safety record and high uptime.
- Coordinate with external test labs to get products tested and supervise the labs to ensure the tests were performed according to the test conditions.
- Influence supplier selection for higher reliability and provide clear guidance on reliability requirements and demonstration to suppliers.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering background
- 7+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in reliability testing and analysis of mechanical, thermal, electrical systems.
- Understanding of accelerated testing methods, governing equations, and physics of failure for different failure mechanisms
- Extensive knowledge and strong understanding of mechanical reliability testing at component, assembly, and vehicle levels.
- Personable with the ability to lead and coach a high caliber engineering team toward world-class levels of reliability/dependability
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.