Ironclad builds contracts solutions that empower legal teams to do more legal work, less paperwork.
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and BOND. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Contracts are the atomic unit of business - everything important that a company does involves a contract: sales, purchases, hires, everything. The process for making a contract happen isn’t that different from the software lifecycle: a cross functional group collaborates on a technical document that essentially needs to be executable - just in a courtroom instead of a computer. Most legal teams are still stuck doing things manually, emailing versions of these documents around seeking approval and revisions with no easy way to automate workflows. Simple questions like “what is blocking this contract?” can be really difficult to answer since the information is locked in someone’s inbox. That’s where Ironclad comes in.
As a Data Engineer, you will lead data engineering efforts as we scale our data volume and cross-functional data stakeholder needs.
On the job you’ll be responsible for:
- Working as a key decision maker to ensure high quality analytics data
- Designing and building data pipelines
- Maintaining analytics infrastructure
- Architecting databases, servers, and processing systems that will inform key product and strategic initiatives.
- Developing a unified customer and contract data schemas that will provide a complete view of Ironclad’s business
- Improving Ironclad’s data tooling
- Building out Ironclad’s data taxonomy and data strategy
- Further improving query performance, data documentation, and data schema
- Identifying and implementing internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
What we're looking for:
- Senior experience in data engineering
- Experience in optimizing data pipeline architecture, maintaining data flows, and ensuring consistent data collection for cross functional teams
- Experience partnering with product and understanding of product strategy and vision
- Expert in building relationships and collaborating in matrixed environment
- Strong experience in a programming language and SQL.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, Mode, or other BI tools preferred
- Experience in Kubernetes and Segment preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Commuter benefits
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.