Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Network Solutions Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
Our fleet of robots actively operates in complex human environments, such as offices, warehouses, and factories, across 3 different continents. Our robots autonomously patrol these spaces and detect security and facility risks using computer vision. Once detected, our robots notify our specialist team to provide real-time response. Given the real-time nature of our service, it's crucial that our robots are able to communicate reliably with our cloud servers over IEEE 802.11 enterprise WiFi and 4G telecom networks.
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will work closely with the Operations team and diagnose client specific network problems. We have many exciting networking problems to solve as our fleet scales and as we expand our footprint in different continents.
- Develop solutions to complex networking problems by working closely with our Operations team, Engineering team and client IT teams
- Design, test and launch 4G telecom solutions for our clients in different continents by working closely with our 4G modem vendors
- Conduct weekly network connectivity checks for our fleet and prioritize critical network issues that are impacting the performance of the fleet
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve these technical network connectivity issues using the knowledge of Linux networking stack, IEEE 802.11 enterprise WiFi networks , TCP/IP stack, IP flows, firewalls, 4G cellular networks and wireless Access Points
- Work closely with our cellular vendor and develop monthly finance reports associated with 4G SIM cards used in our robots and WiFi hotspots
- Provide network engineering support to Operations & Engineering team during demos and deployments
What you need
- Passion for Computer Networking & Troubleshooting
- 2-4 yrs of network troubleshooting experience
- Experience with network configuration (especially in Linux) - Wired & Wireless
- Experience in managing IEEE 802.11 Enterprise WiFi networks & WiFi certificates
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP stack, firewall flows, network troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have worked in a startup environment
- Prior customer success experience
- Foundational understanding of 4G cellular networks
- Experience with Ansible, Python
- Familiarity with Cyber Security Frameworks (SOC & GDPR)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.