Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
You'll lead the ins and outs of external and internal communications at Ethos. While sitting within the Marketing organization, you'll have the opportunity to tell the Ethos story around customer insights and experiences, national partnerships, product launches, and public policy issues. You will own relationships with national reporters, oversee a national communications strategy, and develop creative ideas with our product and partnerships teams. Ethos is experiencing extreme growth in an intensely competitive space, and is looking for a communications professional to join the team. You’ll have the opportunity to share our unique story to the world!
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to develop compelling communications strategies
- Devise and execute PR strategy and communications guidance to support announcements of new national partners, products, and key technology milestones
- Lead thought leadership for the company; identifying and coordinating speaking opportunities that advance our partnerships and product narratives while widening our executive leadership bench
- Collaborate with our People and Recruiting teams to advance our employer brand
- Refine our employer brand and highlight key differentiators that set us apart from our competitors, especially through communications, social media, and video
- Partner with recruiting leaders and hiring managers to develop targeted sourcing strategies
- Manage press inquiries, support in preparing spokespeople, and staff briefings and speaking events
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the business and tech press while educating them on Ethos' business and latest innovations
- Collaborate with the sales team to devise press strategy around insurance industry trade press
- Develop impactful content, including writing blog posts, op-eds, and presentations
- Work closely with brand marketing, paid marketing, social media, content, programs, and events leads to advance our business
- A minimum of 8 years of professional PR experience; in-house and agency experience required
- Experience developing PR strategies and executing corporate and consumer communications campaigns, ideally at a pre IPO startup
- Experience working on employer brand and employee value proposition
- Deep understanding of product, corporate, and consumer communications
- Strong media contacts across business, consumer, and technology press
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (strong writer required)
- Results oriented: demonstrating intellect, strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Great contacts in business, consumer, tech media, and a love for networking
- Ability to act both independently and in a team setting
- Experience working cross-functionally and leading teams
- Demonstrate ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- A passion for financial empowerment, startup culture, and new challenges
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.