Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll oversee engineers to build and ship key features. We are detail oriented and value clean, modular, and high-performing code. You'll help architect and build our internal standards and frameworks. We love engineering-wide consistency in code and have huge ambitions on both client and server side.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering experience as an individual contributor
- Collaborate closely with product and executive teams to develop the tech roadmap/strategy
- Recruit, hire, grow, and retain A+ engineering talent
- Demonstrated track record of shipping complex products in a fast-paced environment
- You have a deep understanding of your pod's OKRs, metrics and KPIs. You contribute to your pod's overall strategy and vision.
- Work with pod leads to set the vision of the team and enable team to execute on the KRs.
- Enable success and remove day to day blockers for the team.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your teammates to enable their work and growth.
- Constantly adjust the process of the team to maximize productivity.
- Assess risk and proactively communicate it with a plan.
- Champions process (Agile, TDD, etc). Responsible for the delivery and timeline for the entire pod and their team members.
- Write design reviews, architecture and help mentor team on their design reviews.
- Identifies risks before starting major projects. Help teammates
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records