Online, self-serve life insurance company.
At Ethos, we strive to provide every potential customer with the right insurance product for them. The Underwriting Product team is core to this strategy. We achieve this by making informed product selection and underwriting risk decisions based on data from the customer, in realtime.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. For exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
We're just scratching the surface of what will have a massive impact for Ethos and our customers and need someone to help us answer questions that include: What are the gaps in our current product offerings, and how could we better serve our customers? How should we leverage and build upon our nascent in-house underwriting platform to power whatever insurance is needed by a customer? You will drive this strategy and develop a plan for when and how we build and optimize products, which customer should be getting which product, and why this shapes the trajectory of success for our business.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to get things done. The ideal candidate is innovative and someone who can figure out how we should evolve the technologies of our underwriting platform. If you like to get your hands dirty, have strong business acumen to identify and evaluate new opportunities, and have an incredibly deep intellectual rigor and sense of ownership to advocate what is best for customers, then this is the role for you.
Key initiatives will include
- Owning and driving the vision and strategy behind how we launch and match people to new insurance products, and developing a roadmap to realize that vision
- Pushing the limits of our underwriting technology, including in the areas of pricing and operations
- Collaborating with our Underwriting Partnerships team to identify and build new insurance products
- Optimizing our existing suite of insurance products to improve offerings for our customers
- Identifying new data sources to power underwriting insurance
In this role you can expect to
- Be on the cutting edge of (and push the trillion dollar industry forward on) new ways and data to power underwriting insurance
- Get your hands dirty and drive the development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis
- Work cross functionally with engineering, design, other product managers, risk and actuarial teams, and the leadership team to drive alignment and deliver on your roadmap
- Hone your strategic thinking - identify and quantify business opportunities to invest in the ones that will add the most value for our customers
- Own initiatives that drive improvement on the scale of multiples rather than percentages
- A minimum of 6 years of tech or finance or related experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in developing technical products
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Expert level analytical skills and strong competence with SQL
- Demonstrated experience of ideating and launching successful products and features
- Bonus points for experience in insurance, pricing, behavioral economics, and operations research
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.