Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The purpose of this role is to support electrical design efforts of PCBA's, perform development tests that prove out circuits and electrical components, validate finalized EE component designs and address issues found in the field and from testing..
The Role will be a direct link and cross-functional interface between Vehicle Engineering and the APAC team as well as Vehicle broadly.
Facilitate direct communication with suppliers during co-design efforts. Specify and support initial sourcing of components needed for design.
Roles & Responsibility
- Schematic Design, Review and PCBA layout of electronics
- Create, construct and perform bench measurements on working prototypes for circuit design validation
- Root cause analysis of problems encountered with EE components
- Documentation and spec development
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field
- 10 years as an EE design Engineer
- Digital, analog, power circuit design experience
- Microprocessor, microcontroller experience
- System level design abilities
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Excellent English language communication, written and verbal
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.