Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Roles & Responsibility
- Ensure competitiveness for Bird against global market benchmarks (pricing and practices)
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with all vendors to improve Bird's profitability
- Manage vendor relationships and associated contracts setting aggressive targets for product cost reduction to improve marginsResponsible for providing expert-level knowledge of the supply base (battery cell and or motor)
- Implement multiple negotiation strategies pushing boundaries and taking calculated risks to enhance Bird's P&L
- Identify alternative supply models including near sourcing and postponement
- Budgets and Cost Control: Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust budgets, contribute to budget planning. Results meet or exceed budget in all categories
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sourcing or procurement
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment where overtime and long hours will be requested
- Demonstrates a highly successful track record in a commercial environment
- Experience working with global focus
- A strong team player capable of building relationship
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.