Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. Bird has grown very rapidly in its first few years. We’ve provided tens of millions of rides to riders in over 100 cities around the globe - and we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Recruiter to help build our Bird team and accelerate our growth. In addition to sourcing, vetting, and closing great candidates, you'll get a chance to improve upon our recruiting strategy, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from first introduction all the way through to their on-boarding. This position will support a wide range of roles across the team, with a particular focus on technical positions within Engineering, Vehicle, Product, and Data.
- Successfully partner with business leaders to understand the business needs and hire qualified talent to fill their roles
- Help develop, implement and execute recruiting programs and strategies to fill current openings and help build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates
- Source, recruit, and hire professionals across a variety of roles throughout Bird with a heavy focus on technical roles
- Own full-cycle recruitment which encompasses sourcing, interviewing and closing candidates
- Partner with other departments (Finance, Legal, Comp, Talent Strategy & Partners, etc) to drive the recruiting process through to on-boarding
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of full cycle recruiting experience with at least 1-2 years technical recruiting experience
- Ability to partner and influence stakeholders at all levels, including executives, to drive hiring goals and program outcomes
- Successfully deliver on all deadlines and flawlessly execute in a very fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and the ability to multi-task and follow up with a sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with ATS and other related platforms (Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter highly preferred)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.