Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure [Remote - AMER]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
CPD, or cloud private development, is a set of tools that provide temporary on-demand cloud resources where Confluent engineers can deploy, test, and more broadly iterate on the development of the cloud product. What started out as an internal product to facilitate developer experience on Confluent Cloud has now taken a broader charter of provisioning and management of new cloud environments for development, QE and production.
About The Team:
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software that bootstraps new Confluent Cloud environments
- Design feature parity between various cloud providers
- Work with other teams to ensure a smooth and repeatable provisioning process
- Own CPD product throughout entire software development lifecycle and build its roadmap as it becomes a top-level cloud management tool
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Good team player who is not shy to reach out to other teams and collaborate on solving problems
What We're Looking For:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years industry experience designing, building, operating and supporting large-scale systems in production with a solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality, and documentation
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Proficiency in Go or Python
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Hands-on exposure to Kubernetes operators, Helm or StatefulSets
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP or Azure cloud environments and technologies
- Experience building APIs, both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, familiarity with OpenCensus or OpenTracing
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.