Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Roles & Responsibility
- Lead sourcing project for transportation and warehousing including bidding and negotiation
- Co-work with inbound/outbound logistics team to support the manufacturing and supply chain volatility.
- Facilitate communication between Bird HQ/Worldwide offices and suppliers.
- Deliver ideas that reduce logistics cost and support logistics key projects.
- Work closely with project manager to support supply chain needs
- Develop strategy for Logistics supplier management including transportation, warehouse and 3PL in warehouse.
- Supplier Relationship management for Logistics
- Take supplier quotations such as spot and alternative case as well.
- In order to manage overall Logistics cost, plan the Logistics annual spend by OU/Ship mode/other.
- Deliver market intelligence of the overall Logistics field including Domestics and warehouse.
- Manage Logistics master data for supporting planning & collecting and distributing Logistics data
- Audit a supplier performance and 3PL billing status of Logistics.
- 5+ years of 3PL warehousing management
- Be proficient in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Mid to Senior Level
- Proficient using Google suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Comfortable working in a high volume fast paced environment•
- Flexible work schedule
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.