Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our Web team and help build the tools that hundreds of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Our team runs experiments at an extremely fast cadence. We value learning extremely quickly. You will be collaborating with us to hypothesize, build, run and analyze experiments to help our users better engage with our product.
- Due to our quick experiment cadence, we’ve built a system in-house named Meristem which we use to run experiments. You will be working to add new features to this system as well as ensure it is solid and reliable.
- Working with our team to improve our React client, building new features, refactoring legacy code, and working to structure our application to improve our experimentation capabilities.
What We Need:
- 2+ years of experience building websites using modern frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or Angular.
- Experience with at least one CSS preprocessor (Sass, Less, Stylus, etc).
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, modern browser APIs.
- Experience working on an agile software development team.
- Strong experience with Git, Github and the Git branching model.
- An active interest in experimentation on the web, running A/B or multi-arm bandit experiments.
- Ability to deliver on significant team objectives with minimal input from leadership.
- An interest in mentoring and developing junior engineers within the team.
What We’d Like:
- Knowledge of a backend language (Node, TypeScript, Python, PHP, Java, etc) and backend framework is