Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Systems Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure and DevOps team and help us improve and maintain our infrastructure. We host everything on AWS, using modern technologies like Docker, serverless computing, and CloudFormation. If you like to build great tools that help engineers move fast without breaking things, we’ll love working with you!
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have 4+ years of experience working with a major cloud platform like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You have excellent knowledge of key technologies like Lambda, ECS, and CloudFormation.
- You have experience building tools and templates that engineers can self-serve to quickly deploy new systems in a safe and scalable manner.
- You have worked with and supported a remote team.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- You have a proven track record of building complex infrastructure that is rock-solid.