Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
United States of America
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce. You will play a significant role in shaping our software solutions that provide measurable customer value. You understand both technology and business to know the right tradeoffs to make. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the growth team you will build features that excite & delight users to drive customer acquisition, conversion and retention. You will help take our site to the next level as we strive to achieve an E-commerce 2.0 experience and pioneering an online beauty store that will take Glossier to new heights.
Six Month Expectations
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our public website.
- Write new components using React, Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, and Typescript.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to create useful and polished user experiences.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Take ownership of one of our primary website surfaces and influence the direction of new feature sets.
- Contribute continuous improvements to our design system.
- Grow and mentor other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering.
- 5+ years of software development experience building customer-facing applications
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in design systems and with building maintainable, modular components
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines best practices
- TypeScript, Ruby/Rails nice to have
- E-commerce experience nice to have
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.