Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Director, Corporate Narrative & Content [Remote - US]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a leader to develop and drive the corporate narrative strategy that tells Confluent’s data in motion story to the world. The leader will create the top-line messages and storylines that will speak to and influence varied audiences - from technical to non-technical - with an aim to define a new data infrastructure category and build Confluent’s brand. The right candidate has a strong technology background and passion for storytelling. It’s likely that you come from a communications or product marketing background. You’re an engaging presenter, compelling writer and creative thinker who will drive message delivery consistency across the organization. You and your team will deliver award winning content that advances Confluent’s thought leadership and strategic partner positions.
- Develop and produce high-impact messaging, storylines, multimedia content and marketing programs
- Understand the market, competitive dynamics and positioning opportunities to powerfully define and differentiate Confluent
- Lead the development of content initiatives to drive awareness, new and current business and distribution across owned, earned, and paid channels
- Ensure content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience across all channels
- Partner with communications, creative, product marketing and events teams to develop persuasive presentations and embrace new production methods to deliver stories that stick
- Brief and coach executives on keynote presentations and provide on-site support as needed
- Create internal training programs that raise the bar on messaging and content delivery
- Hire and lead a small cross-functional team of writers, editors and designers
- Continuously evolve the narrative and test the messaging with customers and analysts
- Set and achieve performance metrics for content and programs
- Increase defined customer engagement metrics
- Retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist
What We're Looking For:
- Experience driving corporate narrative development
- Demonstrated history of crafting compelling positioning and marketing content that engages stakeholders and inspires action
- Proven ability to roll the narrative out to internal and external audiences in impactful ways
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation
- Track record of collaborating, influencing outcomes, and driving consensus in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly
- A high quality bar and meticulous attention to detail
- B2B enterprise marketing experience
- Curiosity and ability to transition from strategic thinking to creative execution
- Passion for technology and ability to articulate complex technical concepts in ways that make sense to a range of audiences
- 8+ years of related marketing experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.