23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an exceptional Scientist to contribute to a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for the discovery and validation of drug targets and the characterization and development of drug compounds to support our therapeutics programs. Successful candidates will be independent and innovative researchers with a passion for discovery, possess a solid track record of accomplishments, and have the ability to lead early research programs.
What you’ll do
- Lead a cross-functional team from target discovery through target validation and the development of drug candidates.
- Contribute to target evaluation and drug discovery program strategy in disease areas of interest to the Therapeutics team at 23andMe.
- Contribute to target identification through analysis of genetics data and publications
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues to drive progression of the project
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Master’s or PhD in biological sciences
- 5+ years of industry experience in Biotech/Pharma or in academic research laboratories as a postdoctoral fellow
- Proven ability to work on a cross-functional team and lead a project
- Advanced laboratory skills, with demonstrated proficiency in molecular, biochemical, biophysical, immunological and cell biology techniques
- Successful record of high-quality publications and/or patent applications
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience in antibody and/or small molecule drug discovery and development
- Experience with target identification through analysis of genetics data
- Experience with in vivo models of disease
- Experience supervising research associates
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.