Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Director of Product Management, Observability
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Observability is critical to making Confluent products understandable and usable by internal and external stakeholders. The Group PM for observability will manage a team of product managers and be responsible for our customer-facing monitoring and management tools (API, CLI, GUI) and for our data pipeline that takes in telemetry metadata from our self-managed and fully-managed clusters and operates as the data backbone for Confluent and its products.
The Observability GPM will
- Create a roadmap for global observability that balances the needs of our customers and internal stakeholders
- Measure and report the adoption, performance, and revenue from our observability products and services
- Align with other teams across the company to ensure our roadmap is unblocked and timelines are in-sync
The Observability Group PM must
- Demonstrate fluency with cloud computing (compute, storage, and networking)
- Believe in the value of great enterprise UX across API’s, CLI’s and GUI’s
- Empathize with Confluent customers to provide a seamless experience across our self-managed and fully-managed products
- Have a computing education or relevant experience
- Have experience with product management
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Certification from one or more of the major cloud providers is a huge plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.