Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Our research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. We are the first mobile technology company to receive recognition from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program for the company’s ability to deliver a lifestyle intervention, engagement and behavior change program to prevent Type-2 diabetes.
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better nutrition and exercise, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Noom is looking for a full-time Clinical Data Analyst to help shape our behavior change program. You will be a key figure in driving data analysis for clinical and other behavioral initiatives as our product evolves. You’ll also contribute your psychological assessment expertise to enhance the ways we individualize the program to each person’s unique needs, and how we work to make our coaches first in class behavior change agents. This is a unique opportunity to expand your clinical and data experience while working in an increasingly global setting of passionate users, and with our dynamic interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate has a strong background in psychology and a passion for answering questions with data to help people everywhere live healthier lives.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Derive insights from large sets of archival data
- Design, deploy, and analyze psychometrically sound measures to enhance coaching and user experience
- Stay up to date with and contribute to the latest research around behavior change
- Help establish innovative approaches to working with behavioral service personnel and the data they generate
What We’re Looking For:
- PhD in Psychology (preferably Clinical, but others welcome for the right candidate). Strong data emphasis a must
- At least 2 years experience in a research and/or data science setting working on survey methods, psychometrics, and/or content analyses. Some psychological testing a plus
- Excited to enhance their skills in a rapidly growing and impactful startup, working alongside other data scientists, psychologists, and other health professionals
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.