Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Washington, DC, US
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
About the role:
Robinhood’s legal team is looking for a Senior Counsel to join our growing Privacy and Data Protection legal team. This role reports directly to our Associate General Counsel, Global Head of Privacy, Data Protection and Commercial. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Maintaining subject matter expertise in areas of privacy and data protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy and data protection laws) and advise on their impact on Robinhood’s business
- Focusing on marketing and adtech, which would include having a developed understanding of mobile apps, interest-based advertising and relevant privacy laws
- Maintaining expertise in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in the privacy and fintech context
- Maintaining expertise in peer-to-peer payment flows and payment ecosystem technologies and their privacy and data security implications
- Providing advice regarding Robinhood’s systems and how best to make sure the enterprise is in compliance
- Providing advice and be able to develop, implement and maintain data protection policies and procedures enterprise-wide
- Building systems and processes to support scalable privacy program
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least 1 U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of legal practice experience specializing in privacy law
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA, GLBA and other privacy laws and regulations
- Experience with consumer-facing technology and/or financial services companies
- Track record of developing practical solutions to novel problems
- Exceptional project management skills
- In-house legal experience
- Technical background or education
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).