Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Business Development Manager, Education Services
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join Confluent's Education Services team, to develop and execute our Go-To-Market strategy for Education Services. The BDM will drive the business development activities across all regions. This individual will be tasked with developing relationships and partnerships with Confluent's sales team, strategic partners, customers and prospects to increase the market share and hit Education Services bookings goals, which are based on offerings sold to end users. Doing this successfully requires you to have strong relationship building and communication skills, an ability to spot strategic opportunities and demonstrate the value of our offerings, be comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously, and show passion to drive toward expansion and growth of our education footprint. This position reports to the Head of Education Services.
What you’ll achieve:
Establish yourself as the Education Services expert in the field, and become the go-to Education Services person within Confluent. Achieve pipeline goals by generating qualified leads from inbound marketing leads and outbound account-based prospecting. Align with Partner Managers, Sales AEs, Customer Success Managers, and Professional Services Practice Directors to conduct regular account reviews of strategic or tactically important accounts to identify Education opportunities. Accurately forecast quarterly sales achievement.
Collaborate closely with customers, sales, curriculum developers and technical instructors to assess field feedback, define education requirements that might lead to new offerings, and adapt supporting materials to ensure a GTM strategy that aligns with customers' needs.
Collaborate with PS&E Marketing on sales enablement, market research, customer, and field feedback.
Analyze markets and develop and implement new programs that grow training revenue
Own and manage inbound requests, including the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, ensuring timely responses
Define and manage a process that will measure regional education bookings attainment based on historical and market analysis.
Present Education offerings, new products, forecast and attainments at regional Quarterly Business Reviews
Develop and deliver Education presentations at new hire orientation, Executive Briefings, and customer calls.
- Measures of Success
- Trusted advisor and one-stop-shop for all Education products and offerings
- Pervasive air of collaboration, partnership and trust exists cross functionally
- High quality, aligned business plan exists between Education and stakeholders
- Reporting against key business metrics (e. g. pipeline, revenue, etc) is defined, produced and is single source of truth
- Channels and vehicles for consistent, homogenized feedback from field to Education
- Coordination with Education marketing to develop success stories
- What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience 2+ years prior education sales experience in a high tech environment in an indirect sales environment, with demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcoming objections, return on investment analysis, and closing the sale
- Exceptional, demonstrable, track record of program management, program execution, change management and cross-functional stakeholder engagement to deliver results.
- Open, growth mindset and high degrees of self-motivation, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Strong executive presence, communication (verbal, written, presentation), and facilitation skills with experience engaging and partnering at all levels internally and with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast and highly ambiguous environment
- Experience with hosted public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCE) a plus
- Experience with event streaming or log management a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.