The Wing is a network of work and community spaces designed for women.
VP of Operations
New York, US
Los Angeles, CA, US
Los Angeles, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
The Wing is a growing community of professionals, artists and change agents from across the globe, who find sanctuary and productivity at our beautiful, shared workspaces, meaningful connections through our networking opportunities, career growth through our job platform and perhaps most importantly, support and camaraderie through sharing strategies and resources. Our vision is to create a space for our members to thrive and improve their lives by helping them pursue their ambition, grow their careers and forge meaningful connections that last a lifetime-giving them the space to soar! The Wing is looking for an energetic leader to add to our team who brings a passion for excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in all facets of our business as we expand our reach and grow.
Why The Wing?
At The Wing, we know that people are more than just their resume. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the below. If your career has taken some unconventional paths, that's okay! Your passions and skills will stand out and this is what will set you apart. Here we believe that our team members should do good work and thrive and we understand that a robust benefits package and employee perks matter. We offer the following attractive employee perks to our employees:
∙ Career development planning and advancement
∙ Inclusive and dynamic business culture
∙ Flexible work hours
∙ Autonomy to thrive and build
∙ Comprehensive benefits package
∙ And More!
- Do you truly enjoy coaching and developing teams and relish the challenge of making the most of the resources you have??
- Are you excited about the ability to relaunch a business and utilize your startup experience to create an inclusive and inspiring company culture?
- Do you communicate clearly and thrive on collaboration?
The Wing is seeking an experienced and passionate people person to lead the core People function of the business across both our Headquarters and retail spaces. This leader will proactively partner with business stakeholders and to enhance the capability of the business through talent management, workforce planning, employee relations and performance feedback and development. You will provide strategic implementation of broad HR programs and initiatives, as well as guide and support the business through organic evolution.
Your key performance objectives:
- Operational Excellence:
- Oversee and lead the creation and execution of consistent operations standards and define service protocols such that our co-working spaces can run efficiently and self-sufficiently.
- Develop and drive a passionate, member experience vision, strategy and execution plan
- Lead the ideation phase pertaining to operational input on technical and functional design of the spaces
- Develop systems and processes that enable the corporate team to efficiently manage and monitor the operational and financial performance of the spaces.
- Member Experience:
- Apply world class measurement methodologies across the space business
- Model sales and revenue returns from member experience initiatives. Allocate and spend resources efficiently and effectively behind experience initiatives across all space.
- Utilize our digital platforms to create a competitive advantage with respect to the member experience.
- Strategy & Growth
- Leverage resources to transform data into actionable insights and provide analysis on current and future trends to support key business objectives
- Work with the broader leadership team, translate trends into opportunities to enable personalization. Create the intersection between technology, brand and operations
- Create a performance-based culture that collaborates closely with the business leaders and their respective teams.
- Work alongside the CEO and others to represent The Wing externally, helping shape the evolution of the business.
The Vice President of Operations will oversee all co-working spaces and food & beverage operational strategy and execution for The Wing. This role's primary objectives are to increase the efficiency and quality of our space operations as primarily measured by the i) time / cost required to open and operate a space, ii) space operations team integration and iii) member experience and retention. Essentially, the role is responsible for ensuring a world class hospitality within our spaces and executing on it at scale with radical precision at an ever lower cost. This role reports into the Chief Executive Officer, but will work most closely with the broader leadership team as the departments are closely connected.
- 10+ years of hospitality, project management, or business operations experience required
- Preferred: 10+ years' experience in roles spanning general management, strategy and/or marketing with well-regarded, global consumer and hospitality companies characterized by innovation and a strong customer focus.
- Significant P&L experience along with a track record of building businesses; ability to lead diverse teams.
- Proven expertise building consumer-based operations standards and offerings and leveraging technology to scale and meet those needs
- Proven leadership and collaboration abilities; experience managing and building high performing teams.
- Well-developed verbal and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly explain commercial concepts at all levels and produce appropriate supporting communication materials/presentations.
- The successful candidate will focus on delivering high quality products and services that scale effectively and match brand aspirations.
**New York and Los Angeles candidates are preferred, but we are open to seeing all applicants!
Your career path: What do you want to do next in your career? Opportunities are endless here at The Wing. Come build with us!
Join The Wing talent community: Not ready to apply just yet? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive job alerts that match your interest or reach out on specific questions regarding this role
At The Wing, we welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. The Wing is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.