Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Engineering Leader - Platform Infrastructure
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to build and grow the Ansible Foundation Engineering team in Bangalore, India. Team will be responsible for improving customer experience by simplifying the lifecycle management of complex and distributed infrastructure. You will be responsible for delivering high quality and impactful engineering solutions by working closely with product management, support organizations and field teams.
Who you are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience with software engineering and 4+ years managerial/leadership experience in building strong product delivery team
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques; focused on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
- Work with product management and user experience teams to ensure requirements coverage and negotiate tradeoffs.
- Provide guidance to engineers doing engineering design, development and implementation work by establishing goals and evaluating performance.
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- Excellent track record of shipping quality features and hitting deadlines consistently; should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate; have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills; able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience in Platform/Infra deployment and configuration management frameworks such as Ansible or Terraform
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.