As our Compensation Manager, you will oversee 23andMe’s compensation strategy, design and management. This role will report to the Director of HR Technology & Operations and will manage our total rewards budget covering salaries, equity compensation, discretionary bonus pool, and more. This role will play a critical part in our ability to attract and retain fantastic talent!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Build a winning long-term compensation strategy in sync with 23andMe’s business growth goals and people priorities.
- Serves as the compensation advisor to the rest of the People team, hiring managers, Executive team and CEO.
- Manage 23andMe’s overall compensation strategy with respect to salaries, incentives & equity. Scale existing programs to operate efficiently in parallel to our growth plans.
- Executive compensation management and execution of work that’s presented to the executive team including the Board of Directors.
- Maintain compliance with all 23andMe’s pay parity initiatives and procedures.
- Innovate and react quickly to changing business needs and demonstrate flexibility & openness.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 to 3 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Business mindset, strong quantitative rigor and excellent communication skills.
- Experience working closely with executives and recruiting & HR partners.
- Demonstrated team leadership, partnership, influencing and communication experience.
- Experience with compensation analysis tools & surveys, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical packages.
- Working knowledge of employment law and practices.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.