Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
New York, US
Washington, DC, US
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a corporate attorney to support a broad range of corporate legal functions, including corporate governance, M&A, subsidiary governance and expansion, SEC reporting, treasury, tax, executive compensation, employee trading, equity plans and real estate. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing team and company. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including support in connection with preparations for Board of Directors, Board committees and shareholder meetings
- Support the M&A Legal and corporate development team in transaction execution and integration
- Assist with subsidiary governance and expansion, including partnering with other members of the legal team on board matters, intercompany agreements and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Advise on legal aspects of corporate transactional matters, including corporate finance, leases and other facilities related transactions
- Assist with SEC reporting, proxy statement preparation and other public company obligations
- Support initiatives and functions including public company readiness, ESG, investor relations and corporate communications
- Drive continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in corporate legal processes and execution
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders, and develop trusted relationships to facilitate a coordinated team approach
- Pitch in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar (preferably CA), with good standing
- 5+ years at a major law firm and/or in-house as a generalist corporate attorney working with public companies
- A growth mindset with flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters, learn and have a meaningful impact
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Action and results-oriented, with ability to adapt quickly to new surroundings and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage workloads to meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Reliable and collaborative team-player
- Flexibility to assist the legal department in its activities and its mission as needs arise
- Experience with financial services firms and/or technology companies
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.