Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
The marketing team is responsible for everything visual, marketing, and brand-related for internal and external facing projects of all sizes. If you are passionate about design, self-driving technology, and want to help build a world class brand with safety at its core—this is the role for you. If you’re someone who loves the quick pace and small team environment of a fast-growing tech startup we’d love to connect with you.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the design director to bring creative concepts and solutions to life across all channels in the company
- Meet with stakeholders and/or the design director to determine the scope of a project
- Create and design a variety of materials for print and digital collateral such as logos, social media campaigns, blog visuals, apparel, event spaces, website graphics, and promotional print pieces
- Ensure projects are completed to a high standard of quality and on schedule
- Ownership of multiple projects and responsible for meeting design specifications, timeline requirements and budget goals
- Design compelling slide decks for speaker keynotes, B2B presentations, and company events
- Incorporate changes recommended by stakeholders/design director into the final design
- Review designs for errors and accuracy prior to printing or publishing
- Ability to present design concepts to stakeholders in an engaging manner
- Assist with the organization and upkeep of digital assets
- Minimum 7 years experience in a graphic design role or related field
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- Compelling portfolio of relevant projects that demonstrate creativity and proficiency
- High creative aptitude, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner across multiple teams
- Superb attention to detail and passion for branding, typography, illustration, iconography
- Comfortable owning multiple projects from concept to execution
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tell a story visually
- A sense of urgency and ability to work in fast paced, scaling environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Intellectual curiosity, great listener, and fast learner
- Must be able to accept and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Self-starting and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Highly organized and motivated
- Video editing and motion graphics software and skills
- Photo retouching & image manipulation experience
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software and skills
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.